Achari paneer paratha is new addition in my list of stuffed paratha. Generally I make Aloo paratha or mix Veg paratha for dinner. Paneer parathas and aloo parathas are staple food in panjabi homes they usually make it for breakfast.
I used spicy pickle masala in this recipe to give it a more spicy taste. This is a recipe that quick to make and very filling. Stuffed parathas are good option for kids lunch box. I served it with plain curd or green coriander chutney.
Achari Paneer Paratha (step by step with photos)
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes | Cooking Time: 10 Minutes | Total time: 20 Minutes
Serves: 6-7 servings
100 gram Cottage cheese (paneer) crumled
1 small Potato boiled and mashed
1 small Onion finely chopped
1 tablespoon Fresh Green Coriander finely chopped
1 teaspoon Ginger -Green Chilly paste
1 tablespoon Spicy Pickle masala (Achari masala)
1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
1 teaspoon Red chilly powder
Pinch of Turmeric powder
Salt to taste
1 Cup Whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon Oil
Pinch of Salt
Water as required
Butter or Ghee for frying
1) Take all the ingredients for stuffing in one bowl and mix well.
2) Make 6 -7 equal size of balls out of stuffing.
3) Mix whole wheat flour,oil and salt in one bowl.
4) Knead a soft dough with water from it and divide it in to 6-7 balls.
5) Now roll in to a small thick disk and put one stuffing ball inside it.
6) Join the sides of dough and press well.
7) Then roll the dough in flour and flatten it using a rolling pin.
8) Heat a tava and cook paratha using little ghee or butter, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
9) Serve hot with curd or green coriander chutney.