Aloo Halwa – made with boiled,mashed potato, milk and sugar flavored with cardamom powder. This halwa is very easy to make and you can make it whenever you crave for sweet.
I usually make this halwa during fasting days. You can also make sweet potato halwa using this recipe but you have to add less sugar because of sweet potato’s natural sweetness. I use only cardamom powder for flavoring but you can add nuts if you like.
Aloo ka Halwa (step by step with photos)
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes | Cooking Time: 15 Minutes | Total Time: 25 Minutes
Serves: 4 Servings
2 cup Boiled and mashed Potatos
4 tablespoon Ghee
1 cup Milk
1 1/2 cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Cardamom Powder
1) Heat ghee in a nonstick pan.
2) Add mashed potatoes in that and saute for 2-3 minutes till it becomes slight pink in color.
3) Now add milk in that and stir continuously.
4) When all the milk evaporates and it leave the sides of pan then add sugar in that and cook on medium flame.
5) When it leave the sides of the pan again and you can see ghee on the sides then turn off the stove. Add cardamom powder in that and mix well.
6) Enjoy hot Aloo halwa with spicy farali khichadi.