Churma ladoo is traditional and popular sweet of Rajathan and Gujarat. It is very healthy and wholesome snack. We generally make churma ladoo on festival like Diwali and Ganesh Chaturthi.
This sweet takes time and patience to make but the end result is very delicious. There are two ways of making churma ladoo ,one is to fry wheat balls in Ghee /Oil and other is to back wheat bhakhari and then make ladoo out of that. On Ganesh Chaturthi ladoo generally made out of bhakhari. Traditionally jaggery is used in ladoo for sweetness but you can use powder sugar as well.
Churma Ladoo (Step by Step with Photos)
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes|Cooking Time: 20 Minutes|Total Time: 35 Minutes
1 cup Whole Wheat flour (Gehun ka Atta)
1/2 cup Semolina (Sooji)
3 tablespoon Roasted Gram flour (Besan)
5 tablespoon Ghee
3 tablespoon Oil
2 tablespoon Cashew nut powder
2 tablespoon Resins (Soaked in water)
1 tablespoon Cardamom powder
1 teaspoon Nutmeg powder
2 teaspoon Edible Gum Crystal (Gundar)
2 tablespoon Fresh Cream (Malai)
Poppy Seeds (Khas khas) for rolling
1 cup Jaggery (chopped)/Powdered Sugar
Ghee/Oil for deep frying
Water as required
1) Take wheat flour,semolina,gram flour and oil in one bowl and knead a dough for bhakhari.
2) Make muthia from it.
3) Heat ghee/oil in pan.
4) Fry muthiya at medium heat. Take out muthiya and let it cool down for few minutes.
5) Now grind muthiya in grinder untill you get fine churma.
6) Then fry edible gum crystals in pan.
7) Add dry fruits,nutmeg powder,cardemom powder,fresh cream and fried gum crystals in churma and mix well.
8) Now add juggary/sugar and hot ghee in the churma and mix well.
9) Make small balls out of it and roll them in poppy seeds. Your Churma ladoo is ready to serve.
1) You can add other spices and dry fruits in this ladoo to make it more healthy.
2) It is very good snack for kids.
3) You can store it for 10-15 days without refrigerator so you can carry it while traveling.