Corn Capsicum Masala is very delicious Panjabi dish you will find almost all Indian restaurant menu. It is made with corn kernels, capsicum and spicy tomato gravy. It has very tangy and slightly sweet taste. For a vegetarian menu corn capsicum masala is must recipe like other popular dishes of paneer.
This curry is must for sweet corn lovers like me. I often make this dish in dinner with roti or paratha and everyone loves it.
Corn Capsicum Masala (step by step with photos)
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes | Cooking Time: 20 Minutes | Total Time: 35 Minutes
Serves: 3 servings
2 cup Corn kernrls
1 Big size Capsicum finely chopped
1 medium size Onion roughly chopped
2 medium size Tomatoes roughly chopped
1 ench Ginger
5-6 cashew nuts
1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (jeera)
1/2 teaspoon Coriander seeds (dhaniya)
1 each cinnemon (dalchini)
1 cardamom (Ilaichi)
2-3 cloves (lavang)
5-6 black pepper (kali mirch)
1/2 Turmeric powder
1 Dry red chilly (sukhi lala mirch)
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon Cream
1 teaspoon Dry fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
1 teaspoon Chat masala
1 cup Water
3 tablespoon Oil
1 tablespoon Ghee
1) Boil corn kernels in one pot and add salt in that.
2) Heat 2 tablespoon oil in pan and add all dry spices and saute for few seconds. Do not add turmeric powder in that.
3) Now add garlic and ginger in that.
4) Add onion and cashew nuts in that and saute until onion turns transparent.
5) Then add tomatoes, turmeric powder and salt in that and mix well. Take it from the stove and let it cool for sometime.
6) Make a paste of it with the help of mixture grinder and keep aside.
7) Heat 1 tablespoon ghee in pan and add chopped capsicum in that.
8) When capsicum is soft add boiled corn kernels and chat masala in that and saute until corn turns slightly brown.
9) Now heat 1 tablespoon oil in non stick pan, add gray and 1 cup water in that and let it simmer for sometime.
10) Then add corn and capsicum in that and mix well.
11) Slightly crush kasuri methi in your palm and add in gravy.
12) Finally add cream in that and mix well.
13) Serve hot with roti or paratha.