Mumbai style Pav Bhaji (step by step with photos)
Pav Bhaji is very Popular street food of Mumbai. Across all the streets and corners you will find pav bhaji stalls. It’s Very heavy snack so most of the people in Mumbai also eat pav bhaji as meals in lunch or dinner.
Pav bhaji is very good option when you have guests, as bhaji is made in advance you just need to toast pavs with oodles of butter. Health conscious people can eat pav bhaji with moderate amount of butter.
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes | Cooking Time: 10 Minutes | Total Time: 30 Minutes
2 Tablespoon Oil + 2 Tablespoon Butter
2 Cup Boiled Vegetables (Potato,Cauliflower,Carrot,Green Peas)
1 Medium size finally chopped Capsicum
1 Medium size finally chopped Onion
2 Medium size finally chopped Tomatoes
2 Tablespoon Ginger,garlic and Green chilly paste
1 Tablespoon Red chilly powder
1 Tablespoon Coriander powder
1 Teaspoon Turmeric powder
2 Tablespoon Pav Bhaji masala
1 Tablespoon Lemon juice
Salt to taste
8 Tablespoon butter
1 Tablespoon Fresh Coriander Leaves
1 Medium size onion and lemon wedges for garnishing
1) Pressure cook all the vegetables until soft.
2) Take a heavy bottom nonstick pan and add oil and butter in that.
3) When butter melt add ginger,garlic and green chilly paste and saute for few seconds.Now add chopped onion in that and saute until it get transparent. Add chopped capsicum in that.
4) Then add chopped Tomatoes in that and cook for 2 -3 minutes.
5) Ones Tomatoes and capsicum are softened add seasoning in it and mashed it with the help of masher.
6) Now add boiled vegetables in it and mashed it again. Then add 1 cup water in it and cook for 2-3 minutes.
7) Yummy Bhaji is ready now. Garnish it with some coriander leaves. Serve it hot with toasted pav, chopped onion and lemon wedges.
1) You can add cheese or paneer to make different versoins of bhaji.
2) You can use dry peas if you don’t have fresh peas. You have to soak it overnight.