Dudhi na Muthiya is a healthy Gujarati breakfast dish made from a combination of flours,bottle gourd and spices. It generaly served as a breakfast or even as a light dinner along with Green chutney or Garlic chutney.
There are two methods of making muthiya. One is steaming and second is deep frying. Usually steamed muthiya is eaten as a snack and fried muthiya is added in curry or shaak, like vtana muthiya nu shaak.
Today I am making steamed Dudhi na muthiya so lets procced step by step.
Dudhi na Muthiya (step by step with photos)
preparetion Time:15 Minutes | Cooking Time:15 Minutes | Total Time: 30 Minutes
serves: 4 servings
2 cup Greted bottle gourd
2 cup Whole wheat Flour
1/2 cup Gram flour
1/2 cup Semolina/Rava
2 Tablespoon Lemon juice
2 Tablespoon Ginger garlic paste
1 Teaspoon cooking soda
1 Teaspoon Powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon Red chilly powder
1 Tablespoon coriander powder
1 Tablespoon Turmeric powder
2 Tablespoon oil
water as required
salt to taste
2 Tablespoon oil
1 Teaspoon Musterd seeds
1 Teaspoon Cumin seeds
1 Tablespoon Seasame seeds
1/4 Teaspoon asafoetida
5 to 6 Curry leaves
2 Tablespoon Coriander leaves
1) Take grated dudhi in a bowl and add whole wheat flour,gram flour,rava,sugar,red chilly powder coriander powder, turmeric powder,cooking soda and salt.
2) Then add 2 Tablespoon lemon juice on it and mix well..,
3) Knead in to a soft dough with required water.
4) Apply oil in the palm of your hand so that dough will not stick in to your hands. Divid the dough in to 5 or 6 portions.Shape each portion in to a cylindrical roll.
5) Add water in steamer and let it come to boil. Arrenge the rolls on a greased steamer plate.
6) Steam it for 15 Minutes over a midium heat.
7) After 15 minutes insert a kinfe or toothpeek to check if it is ready or not. If kinfe comes out clean it is ready.
8) Take out muthia rolls from steamer and let it cool for few minutes.
9) Cut them in to slices.
10) Heat the oil in pan then add mustard seeds and cumin seeds in it. When they begin to crackle add asofoetida and seasam seeds and saute for few seconds.
11) Now add muthiya in that and mix it well so that all muthiyas will coated well with seasoning. Serve it along with red garlic chutney or green chutney for breakfast or dinner.
1) you can use fresh methi(fenugreek) or Palak(spineach) instade of Dudhi.
2) you can use Ino in this recipe if you don’t have cooking soda.half pack of Ino instade of soda.
3) It is very healthy and filling snack so you can pack this in to kid’s lunchbox.It tastes good even it is cold.