Buff vada is very popular farali (fasting) recipe of Gujarat.This is one of my favorite Farali recipes. Buff vada generally made during vrat (fasting) days like, akadashi, Janamashtami and Navaratri fasting.
It is made out of potato and sago and stuffed with coconut and peanuts stuffing. It is spicy and little tangy in taste. You can serve it as a snack in fasting days with coriander chutney or with curd.
Farali Buff Vada (step by step with Photos)
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes | Cooking Time: 10 Minutes | Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serves : 3 -4 servings
1 Cup Sago (over nite soaked in water)
2-3 Boiled Potatoes
3 tablespoon Water chestnut flour (shingoda atta)
2 tablespoon Arrowroot flour
Salt to taste
3 tablespoon Coconut Powder
2 tablespoon Roasted Peanuts
2 tablespoon Resin
1 tablespoon Sesame seeds
3 tablespoon freshly chopped Coriander leaves
1 ench Ginger
2 Chopped Green chilly
1 teaspoon Sugar
1 tablespoon Lemon juice
salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
1) Wash sago and soak it over nite in water.
2) Take all stuffing ingredients in grinder and grind it.
3) Take sago, boiled potato and waterchestnut flour in one bowl and mash it with masher. Then add salt in that and mix well.
4) Now make small basket shape from potato mixture and add stuffing in that.
5) Then close the basket and make balls.
6) Coat balls with arrowroot flour.
7) Heat Oil in pan for deep frying then fry balls on medium heat till golden brown.
8) Serve hot with green coriander chutney.