Khichu is a very famous snack in Gujarat. It is generally made prepared by rice flour but today I made khichu from farali flour (fasting flour). This farali flour is now easily available in general stores. It is as good in taste as rice khichu and yet very healthy and stomach filling.
It is very quick and easy to make recipe.It can served with spiced peanuts or simply with raw oil. Now you can even enjoy khichu during fasting days.
Farali Khichu (Step by Step with Photos)
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes | Cooking Time: 15 Minutes | Total Time: 20 Minutes
1 cup Farali flour (farali atta)
1 Finely chopped Green chilly
1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
1 teaspoon Black pepper powder
1 tablespoon Oil
3 cup Water
Salt to taste
Oil or Masala peanuts
1) Heat a pan and take 1 tablespoon oil in that. Now add cumin seeds in that.
2) When cumin seeds simmered add chopped green chilly in that and saute.
3) Add water, black pepper and salt in that and let it come to boil. Meanwhile add water in steamer and let it boil.
4) Then slowly add farali flour in that and keep stirring continuously with spoon to avoid lumps.
5)Cover it and cook for 5-6 minutes till the mixture leaves the pan and stirring in between.
6) Now transfer it in to bowl and place it in to steamer and boil for 2 minutes.
7) Garnish it with oil or masala peanuts and serve hot.