Usually when fasting season comes foodies will be looking for new fasting recipes. And the ingredients used in fasting dishes are minimum so we have to use the same ingredients and make new dishes.
This recipe is very quick and easy option for fasting dish and yet testy. It is very filling dish so you can eat it as lunch or dinner. It is generally served with curd.
Sing bateta ni khichadi (step by step with photos)
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes | Cooking Time: 15 Minutes | Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serves: 2 servings
3 Medium size Potatoes
1 cup Peanuts
1 Green chilly and small piece of Ginger
1/2 Tablespoon Red chilly powder
1/4 Tablespoon Turmeric powder
1/2 Tablespoon sugar
1 Tablespoon Lemon juice
1/4 Tablespoon Cumin seeds
2 Tablespoon Oil
Salt to taste
1) Wash and boil the potatoes in presser cooker or in Microwave.
2) Finely peel and cut potatoes in to cubes.
3) Take Peanuts in nonstick pan and roast it for 1 minute on medium flame. Let it cool for few minutes.
4) Take roasted peanuts,green chilly and ginger in grinder and grind them coarsely.
5) Heat oil in Nonstick vessel.
6) Now add cumin seeds and allow them crackle.
7) Now add cut potatoes, red chilly powder, turmeric powder, salt, sugar and lemon juice in it.
8) Then add grounded peanut powder and mix all the ingredients well. cook it for 2-3 minutes on low flame.
9) Khichadi is ready now. Serve it hot with curd.
1) Don’t grind peanuts too finely otherwise they will become sticky.
2) You can add the coriander to enhance the test.