Gajar halwa (carrot pudding) is most popular and delicious Indian sweet. I used to make Gajar halwa generally in winter when I get fresh,juicy and red Carrots. You can also enjoy this dish during fast days.
This recipe is made with carrots,sugar,ghee and some dry fruites. It has very smooth and creamy texture.Traditionally full fat milk is used in this recipe for creamy texture but I used khoya (evaporated milk) and milk both to save time.It is very easy to make recipe. Hot Gajar halwa is perfect dessert to serve your guest in winter.
Gajar Halwa (Carrot pudding) (step by step with photos)
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes |Cooking Time: 25 Minutes | Total Time: 45 Minutes
Serves : 5 serving
1 kg Carrots
2 cup Full fat Milk
1 cup Khoya (mava) (evaporated milk)
3 tablespoon Ghee
3 tablespoon sliced Almond
2 tablespoon dry Resin
1 teaspoon Cardamom powder
600 gm Sugar
1) Wash,peel and grate the carrots.
2) In deep bottom cooker heat ghee and saute carrots in it till it slightly change the color.
3) Now add 2 cup full fat milk and presser cook it for 1 or 2 whistle.
4) Then add sugar and cook it on high flame, while steering in between.
5) When halwa become glossy add khoya, dry fruits and cardamom powder and cook for 1 or two minutes.
6) Serve hot or warm delicious Gajar halwa and garnish it with sliced almond.