Gundas are a variety of green berry. It is known as Fragrant man jack. Since it is only available from March to June, It is bought to be made in to a pickle. It is a very traditional recipe of Gujarat. But today I cooked these green berries to make an instant pickle. you can preserve it in fridge for a week. It will go very well with Aam Ras (mango pulp).
Instant Gunda nu Atahnu (Step by step recipe with photos)
Time:Preparation Time: 15 Minutes| Cooking Time: 10 Minutes | T0tal Time: 25 Minutes
500 grams Gunda (Fragrant man jack)
1 Raw Mango
2 tablespoon Spicy Pickle Power (Crushed mustard seeds,Salt and red pepper powder)
2 tablespoon Oil
1) Wash and De stalk gundas. Gently break them. With a tip of a knife scoop out seeds and sticky substance.
2) Now grate the raw mango.
3) Mix pickle powder in raw mango.
4) Now Stuff this mixture in Gundas.
5) Then add 2 tablespoon oil in microwave safe bowl and add gundas in that.
6) Sprinkle little bit of water on that and micro it for 3 minutes.
7) Mix it well and micro it for 4 minutes. Now insert a knife in gunda if it’s soft it’s done and if it isn’t then again micro it for 2 to 3 minutes.
8) Your instant gunda pickle is ready to serve.