Jalebi is very popular sweet of India. Traditionally it takes 10 to 12 hours preparation time to make Jalebies, but in this recipe it takes very less time. Instant jalebi recipe is a smart and easy way of preparing the crispy, crunchy, juicy and fresh Jalebi at home.
Jalebi is called Sweetmeats in English.
Instant Jalebi (step by step with photos)
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes | Cooking Time: 15 Minutes | Total Time: 25 Minutes
Serves: 4 servings
1/2 cup All purpose flour (maida)
1 tablespoon Chick-pea flour (besan)
1/2 cup yogurt (dahi)
1/2 teaspoon Backing soda
Water as required
Ghee for frying
For Sugar Syrup
1 cup Sugar
Water as required
1) Take all purpose flour and chick-pea flour and in one bowl. Add yogurt and water in that and mix well so there will be no lumps in that. keep aside that batter for 10 minutes.
2) Meanwhile heat a pan and take sugar and water in that.
3) If you get 1 string consistency your sugar syrup is ready. Turn off the stove.
4) Now add baking soda in jalebi batter and mix well and fill batter in Icing bag or ketch-up dispensing bottle.
5) Heat ghee in flat base pan. Now roll your hand and dispense jalebi in hot ghee. It will be bit difficult to make perfect shape in first attempt but you will learn it with experience.
6) Flip jalebies and fry it from both the sides until it turns golden brown.
7) Take out jalebies and soak them in sugar syrup for 2 -3 minutes.
8) Serve hot or cold and garnish with saffron.
1) One string Consistency in Sugar syrup:
Take small amount of syrup in a spoon and use your index finger and thumb to pick a drop. You would see string developing between thumb and finger then you syrup is ready otherwise it will need 1-2 minutes on stove.
2) The Jalebi can refrigerate for up to 2-3 days.
3) Re-heat jalebi in Microwave. Do not re fry it to re-heat.