Nylon Khaman Dhokala is a Gujarati delicacy popular not only in Gujarat, but has already crossed boundaries of India. Khaman Dhokala is very light and healthy breakfast for any time or you can eat as a side dish with your meal.
Dhokala are steamed cooked savory cake made with fermented batter of different flour. Khaman dhokala is made from chick-pea flour. Traditionally, batter is prepared 10 -12 hours in advance. It is a instant version of khaman dhokala.
Nylon Khaman Dhokala (step by step with photos)
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes |Cooking Time: 10
Minutes | Total Time: 20 Minutes
1 cup Chick-pea flour (besan)
1 tablespoon Semolina (sooji)
1/2 teaspoon Oil
1/2 teaspoon Sugar
1/2 cup Water
1/2 teaspoon Citric acid (nimboo fool)
1 teaspoon Cooking soda
Salt to taste
4 tablespoon Oil
1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
2 teaspoon Sesame seeds
1 Finley chopped green chilly
5-6 Curry leaves
Pinch of Asafoetida
4 teaspoon Sugar
6 teaspoon Water
Finely chopped fresh coriander
1) Grease the tin with little oil and add adequate water in steamer to boil.
2) Take Chick-pea flour and semolina in one bowl.
3) Add salt and Water and mix it well. Then add 1 teaspoon oil in that and mix well.
4) Heat 2 tablespoon water, when it boils add citric acid in that and mix well.when citric acid dissolved completely add cooking soda in that.
5) Add that mixture in batter and mix well in one direction.
6) Pour batter in the greased tin and steam it for 10 minutes.
7) After 10 minutes insert a knife in dhokala if it comes out clean Khaman dhokala is ready, if not then steam it for 4 -5 minutes.
8) Take out tin from steamer and let it cool for few minutes. Now cut dhokala in to pieces.
9) Take 4 tablespoon sugar in a bowl and add 6 tablespoon water in that and stir until sugar is dissolved completely.
10) For tampering heat oil in vessel add mustard seeds and sesame seeds in that.
11) When they begin to crackled add green chillies and curry leaves in that and saute for few seconds.
12) Now add sugar water in tampering and let it come to boil.
13) when it comes to boil pour that tampering on Khaman dhokala.
14) Garnish Nylon Khaman Dhokala with fresh chopped coriander and serve hot with green chutney.
1) Immediately pour batter in tin after adding soda and citric acid mixture in batter. otherwise you will not get spongy texture of nylon khaman dhokala.
2) You can use Ino fruit salt instead of citric acid and cooking soda.
3) It is very healthy option for kid’s lunchbox.