Palak paneer is famous North Indian Gravy dish. Here I made flat bread version of that. It is a flat bread made with wheat flour that is stuffed with spinach, paneer and spices mixture. Spinach is very rich source of Iron and paneer has lots of protein. Its very quick and healthy option for your breakfast.
Palak Paneer paratha (step by step with photos)
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes | Cooking Time: 10 Minutes | Total Time: 25 Minutes
Serves : 6 servings
1 cup Whole Wheat flour
1 teaspoon Oil
salt to taste
water as required
1 Cup Chopped Spinach
100 gm Grated Paneer
1 Medium size finely chopped Onion
1 teaspoon Green chilly and ginger paste
1 teaspoon Red chilly powder
1 teaspoon Coriander powder
1/2 teaspoon Garam masala
1/2 teaspoon chat masala
1 tablespoon Oil
salt to taste
1) Wash spinach and finely chop it. And boil it.
2) For stuffing heat non stick pan and take oil in that now add chilly and ginger paste in that and saute.
3) Then add chopped onion in that and saute till onion become transparent.
4) Now add boiled spinach in that. Take out maximum water before you add spinach in to mixture otherwise stuffing will become loose.
5) Add all seasoning in the mixture and mix well.
6) Remove pan from stove and add paneer in mixture.
7) Take stuffing in one bowl and keep aside for few minutes.
8) In one bowl take wheat flour add salt,oil and water. Mix and then knead into soft dough for paratha. Now take a medium size ball from dough and roll small circle and then place the palak paneer stuffing in center.
9) Bring the edges together and join them at center.
10) Now press the edges and sprinkle some flour both the sides. Gently roll to a large disc.
11) On hot tava gently place the paratha and cooked it with oil or butter from both the sides.
12) Your palak paner paratha is ready to serve. Served hot with curd / chutney or Pickle.
1) This recipe is very healthy option for child’s lunch box and yet testy.
2) You can use fenugreek, potato instead of spinach.