Khichu is very popular snack in Gujarat. It is very easy to make and quick recipe. .It is aromatic and stomach friendly. It is traditionally served with raw oil and methi masala(achar masala). It is actually a dough of rice papad, but alone it is so delicious that people eat it as snack.
Khichu can be prepared by various flours like bajari flour, mug flour, juvar flour and ragi flour. Today I made khichu from rice flour.
Rice Khichu (step by step with photos)
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes | Cooking Time: 10 Minutes | Total Time: 15 Minutes
Serves: 3 Servings
1 cup Rice flour
1 tablespoon Oil
1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
1 Finley chopped Green chilly
3 cup Water
Salt to taste
Oil and Methi masala
1) Heat a pan and take 1 tablespoon oil in that. Now add cumin seeds in that.
2) When cumin seeds simmered add chopped green chilly in that and saute.
3) Add water and salt in that and let it come to boil. Meanwhile add water in steamer and let it boil.
4) Then slowly add rice flour in that and keep stirring continuously with wooden spoon to avoid lumps.
5)Cover it and cook for 5-6 minutes till the mixture leaves the pan and stirring in between.
6) Now transfer it in to bowl and place it in to steamer and boil for 2 minutes.
7) Grease melamine bowl with oil and pour khichu in that. Unmold it in serving plate and garnish it with oil and methi masala.
1) You can make khichu in Microwave also.