South Indian chutneys come in many varieties. It is a best combination with Idli and Dosa.It is very easy to make recipe, just blend coconut with green chilly, coriander leaves,curd and ginger and tampered it with mustard seeds. This variation of south Indian chutney has gram lentil and white lentil to enhance the taste.
South Indian Green Coconut chutney (step by step with photos)
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
4 tablespoon Desiccated coconut powder or Fresh grated coconut
4 tablespoon Curd
3 tablespoon Green Coriander leaves
2 Green chilly
1 teaspoon Gram lentil
1 teaspoon White lentil
pinch of Sugar
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon Oil
1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
1) Wash coriander leaves and green chilly.
2) In a mixture grinder take coriander leaves, green chilly, gram lentil and white lentil and churn it.
3) Now add curd,coconut,sugar and salt in that and churn again and make a nice paste out of it.
4) Then take out chutney in a bowl and meanwhile heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan for tampering. Add mustard seeds in that and let it crackled.
5) Tamper chutney with mustard seeds and serve.