Surati Sev Khamani
Sev Khamani is very popular snack of Surat city in Gujarat so it is called Surati Sev Khamani. It is very tempting and fulfilling. Sev khamani is made with split chick-pea and topped with chutney and sev. This tangy and spicy dish is good option for breakfast.
Surati Sev Khamani (step by step with photos)
Preparation Time: 7-8 hours | Cooking Time: 20 Minutes | Total Time: 8 hours and 20 minutes
Serves: 4 serving
2 cup Split chick-pea (chana dal)
1/2 cup Butter milk
2 tablespoon Ginger and green chilly paste
1 tablespoon Garlic
1 teaspoon Black pepper powder
1 pouch Ino
2 tablespoon Sugar
1 tablespoon Red chilly powder
4 tablespoon Oil
1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
Salt to taste
4 tablespoon khamani
2 tablespoon Green chilly and ginger chutney
Water as reqiured
1 cup Sev
1/2 cup Pomegranate
1 finely chopped Onion
2 tablespoon Freshly chopped Green coriander
1) Soak split Chick-pea for 7 to 8 hours.
2) Now drain water and grind it coarsely in mixture grinder.
3) Add black pepper powder,butter milk and salt in it.
4) Meanwhile boil one glass water in boiler.
5) Add ino in mixture and whisk in one direction.
6) pour mixture in greased tray and cook khaman dhokala for 10 minutes.
7) Insert knife in that and check if it is done then take out and let it cool down for sometime.
8) Crumble khaman with hands.
9) Heat oil in pan and add mustard seeds in that.
10) Then add garlic paste and ginger-green chilly paste in that.
11) Add crumble khaman,sugar and red chilly powder in that and mix well.
12) Take 4 tablespoon khamani and green chilly and ginger chutney in one bowle and mix well. chutney is ready to serve.
13) Take Khmani in serving bowl topped it with green chutney, onion, sev and pomegranate.