Tomato soup is my favorite and this is very quick and easy to make recipe. I just love sweet and tangy taste of it. It is low in calories yet very flavorful. You will need very few ingredients for this recipe.
Tomato soup is commonly found in most of the Indian restaurants. Some restaurants make really good soup but in some, its very sweet or sometimes its very thin like juice in consistency.
Tomato Soup (step by step with photos)
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes | Cooking Time: 20 Minutes | Total Time: 25 Minutes
Serves: 4 Servings
6-7 Ripe Tomatoes
1 inch Ginger
1 tablespoon Basil dry (optional)
1 tablespoon Black Pepper powder
2 tablespoon Fresh Cream
1 teaspoon Cornflour
3 cup Water
1 tablespoon Sugar
Salt to taste
1) Wash and cut all the vegetables.Then presser cook all the vegetables in presser cooker for 2-3 whistles and let it cool down.
2) Remove tomato skin form it which will come out easily by itself. Then blend all the vegetables.
3) Strain this through strainer to remove the seeds. You can use little water if you need.
4) Add 3 cup water, sugar and salt in that and again start heating it.
5) In one bowl mix cornflour in water and add that in soup.
6) Then add basil, black pepper and fresh cream in that and let it simmer for two minutes.
7) Garnish it with fresh cream and serve hot.
1) You can skip onion if you want.
2) You can add small piece of beetroot if you want bright red color.