Veg Fried Rice
Veg fried rice is one of the most popular dish in Indo- Chinese cuisine. This vegetarian recipe is very easy to make and yet tasty. Usually fried rice served in Chinese restaurants in India they use ajjinomotto as it enhance all flavors but due to controversies associated with it , I do not use it in my recipes. You can still get very good taste without using it.
In this recipe I used carrot, bell pepper and french beans but you can add vegetables as per your choice. You can add green peas,mushroom, cabbage etc. It is generally served with dry or gravy Manchurian.
Veg Fried Rice (step by step with photos)
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes |Cooking Time: 15 Minutes |Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serves: 2 serving
1 1/2 cup Long grain Rice
2 cup Chopped Vegetables (Carrot,bell pepper, french beans)
2 tablespoon Chopped Spring Onion
1 teaspoon Chopped Garlic
1 tablespoon Ginger and Green chilly paste
1 teaspoon Chinese seasoning (Optional)
1 teaspoon Black Pepper powder
1 tablespoon Vinegar
1 tablespoon Soy sauce
5 cup Water
1 tablespoon Oil
Salt to taste
1) Take 3 cup water in microwave bowl and add rice in it. Soak it for 10 to 15 Minutes.
2) Now add 1 teaspoon oil in it and microwave it for 10 minutes.
3) Check with your fingers if rice is cooked Al Dante then drain excess water from it and keep aside.
4) Now boil 2 cup water in pan and add chopped vegetables in it.
5) Par boil vegetables and drain excess water from it.
6) Heat oil in pan and add ginger and chilly paste in it. saute for few seconds.
7) Now add chopped garlic and saute till it becomes slightly brown.
8) Add chopped onion in that and saute for 1 minute.
9) Now add vegetables in that. Add black pepper, Chinese seasoning, soy sauce, vinegar and salt in that and mix well.
10) Now add rice in that and mix slowly.
11) Serve hot with dry or gravy Manchurian.
1) If you like crunchy vegetables then you can skip step 4 and 5 and you can add chopped vegetables in oil and saute it for few minutes.