Vegetable Pulao is a very comfortable one pot meal. You can enjoy this dish with riata or with plain curd.This is also a good option for kids lunch box. This recipe is made of Vegetables, rice and assorted spices.
Vegetable Pulao is cooked in many ways. Some cook every ingredient separately and mix them, while other cook all the ingredients together. Some use only dry spices for flavoring while I used dry spices and wet spices both in this recipe.
Vegetable Pulao (step by step with photos)
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes |Cooking Time: 15 Minutes |Total Time: 25 Minutes
Serves: 4 servings
2 cup Basmati Rice
1 Capsicum finely chopped
1 Carrot finely chopped
1/2 cup Corn cereals
1/2 cup Green peas
1 Onion finely chopped
1 tablespoon Green chilly and Ginger paste
1 teaspoon Red chilly Powder
1 teaspoon Coriander powder
Pinch of Turmeric powder
5-6 Black pepper
1 Dry Red Chilly
1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
1 tablespoon Lemon juice
1 tablespoon Ghee
1 tablespoon Oil
4 cup Water
Salt to taste
Freshly chopped Coriander leaves
1 ) Wash rice 2-3 times and then soak it for 10 minutes in water and add 1 tablespoon oil in that then cook it in Microwave for 10-12 minutes on high temperature.
2) If rice is cooked then drain excess water from rice.
3) Meanwhile par boil vegetables except onion in pot and add salt in that.
4) Drain excess water from vegetables.
5) Heat oil and ghee in a pan.
6) Add cumin seeds in that and saute for few seconds.
7) Now add cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and black pepper in that.
8) Then add ginger chilly paste in that and saute for few seconds. Add onions in that and saute.
9) Now add vegetables in that and mix well.
10) Then add other spices and mix well.
11) Add rice and lemon juice in that and toss gently.
12) Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve hot with raita, pickle and papad.
1) You can presser cook rice with 3 cup water. Measure water according to rice type.